- Table View
- List View
With The Best of Knitscene, you'll enjoy the 20 most popular knitting patterns and expert advice from the first five years of Knitscene magazine!The knitwear designs of this one-of-kind collection have been knitted thousands of times by hundreds of knitters around the world. For the first time ever Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled the most beloved, fashionable creations into a single all-star collection. Among the patterns included are Heather Lodinsky's Central Park Hoodie, Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan, Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf, and other favorite designs. And these patterns are even better than ever, they've been updated with corrections, additional sizes, technique tutorials, and more. Some of these must-have knit patterns are now out of print, so Lisa is offering you a second chance to add them into your knitting pattern collection.Plus, you'll get articles and profiles on some of the most popular designers including Cecily Glowik MacDonald, Star Athena, and Kate Gagnon Osborn.With The Best of Knitscene it's never been easier to fall in love all over again with your favorite patterns from Knitscene.
Knitting Plus is the must-have manual for plus-sized sweater construction and knitwear design.With Knitting Plus, you'll explore basic pullover and cardigan styles, including raglans, set-in sleeves, drop shoulders, seamless yokes, and dolmans in 15 stylish projects. Knitting Plus thoroughly outlines each element of the garment, while offering key tips on sweater measurements and tailoring for a custom fit. Included throughout are simple, easy-to-use templates of each construction type to make alterations and adaptations quick and simple.An invaluable reference on fit and shape, Knitting Plus includes 15 irresistible designs by a variety of designers, including Mathew Gnagy, Mandy Moore, Lisa R. Myers, Lou Schiela, Katya Wilsher, and Kathy Zimmerman, as well as author Lisa Shroyer. Each pattern offers a broad range of sizes, specially designed to fit bust measurements from about 44 to 56 inches. Packed with design information and ready-to-knit patterns, Knitting Plus is your go-to technique and design reference for customizing patterns and creating that perfect fit.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.