- Table View
- List View
Who doesn't want to be smarter, think faster, have a better memory? This book, combining inspirational Chicken Soup for the Soul stories written just for this book and accessible leading-edge medical information from Harvard Medical School neurologist and instructor Dr. Marie Pasinski, will motivate readers to get more out of their gray matter!
Everyone feels stressed out at some point in their lives. Many have trouble getting their stress under control and want help. This book, combining inspirational Chicken Soup for the Soul stories written just for this book and accessible leading-edge medical advice from expert clinical psychologist and Harvard Medical School instructor Dr. Jeffrey Brown, will encourage, support, and help stressed out readers.
Atkins works! Eat grapefruit -- shed weight! Pilates gives you "long, lean muscles -- no bulk!" Each day we are bombarded with conflicting fitness information, promises, and advice -- from the Internet, magazines, books, TV, advertising, experts, trainers, coaches, friends. But how do you know whom you can trust?In The Fat-Free Truth, Liz Neporent and Suzanne Schlosberg cut through the noise, synthesize the literature, and get to the truth by providing 239 accurate, straight-shooting answers to America's most pressing fitness and weight-loss questions. No one understands the excess of misinformation out there better than Liz and Suzanne. For ten years, Suzanne has written Shape's "Weight Loss Q&A," the most popular column in the country's largest fitness magazine. Liz fields weekly questions as the "Fit by Friday" columnist for iVillage, the leading Internet site for women's issues. Together they receive more than a thousand questions a month from people nationwide. Frank, funny, and endlessly informative, The Fat-Free Truth assembles in one place everything you really need to know to get fit and stay fit -- and to keep your sanity while doing so.
Which exercises do the best job toning my thighs and legs? What routine will really help me lose weight once and for all? Why should I skip crunches if I'm trying to turn my beer belly into a six-pack? If you're looking for answers, just ask Lizzy. . . . As America's premier fitness guru, and the bestselling coauthor of Buns of Steel and Weight Training for Dummies, Liz Neporent has helped hundreds of satisfied individuals get in shape. Now she wants to help you! Easy-to-follow, results-oriented, and completely illustrated with photographs, The Ultimate Body is a dream come true for women looking to shed pounds, tone muscles, and feel the fittest they have ever felt in their lives. Inside you'll discover *Pre-workout prep:can-do motivational strategies, goal setting, and how to develop a workout schedule that is tailor-made for you *The Perfect Beginner Workout:If you're feeling out of shape, the "buff starts here"-with Modified Push-Ups, Partial Ab Rolls, and Pelvic Tilts *The Perfect Gym Workout:Lizzy takes you step-by-step through the most effective machine circuit at the gym-and takes away the intimidation *The Perfect Weight Loss Workout:Exercises that will help you lose body fat (and keep it off)-from jumping rope to Jumping Jacks *The Perfect Strength Workout:Muscle building and strength maximizing routines-and the secrets of the world's strongest athletes *The Perfect No Crunch Abdominal Workout:Attain a flat, toned tummy-with Ball Crunches, Hovers, and Mini Leg Lowers Plus-the Mind-Body Workout for calming the mind . . . the Travel Workout for keeping fit on the road . . . a Stretch Workout for improving flexibility and posture . . . the Perfect Legs and Butt Workout for tight buns and gorgeous gams . . . and the Perfect Upper-Body Workout for sculpting those muscles north of the waistline! Highlighted throughout with personal stories and anecdotes from fitness experts and people who successfully put into practice Lizzy's routines, this accessible guide makes feeling fit and looking great a snap-go sweat!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.