When the last edition of this book was published in 2000, the field of proteomics was in its infancy. Now in its adolescence, proteomics is fundamentally transforming biological and medical research. Much of this transformation can be attributed to technological advancements, particularly in mass spectrometry. As a result of these rapid developments that have led to expanded areas of research and innovative applications, an update to Mass Spectrometry of Proteins and Peptides is not only worthwhile, but arguably mandatory. Spanning fields from microbial forensics and clinical applications to protein structure, dynamics and function, the following chapters written by leading experts serve as a forum for presenting some of the latest revolutionizing methods for mass spectrometry-based characterization of proteins and peptides. Staying faithful to the spirit of the Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series, all chapters are written in the same format, whereby each chapter opens with a basic description of the method, followed by a description of the protocol and then practical step-by-step instructions to ensure experimental success. Mass Spectrometry of Proteins and Peptides: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is a valuable resource for novice and seasoned practitioners in the fields of biochemistry, molecular biology, clinical chemistry, immunology, genetic, microbiology and toxicology.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.