- Table View
- List View
When the last edition of this book was published in 2000, the field of proteomics was in its infancy. Now in its adolescence, proteomics is fundamentally transforming biological and medical research. Much of this transformation can be attributed to technological advancements, particularly in mass spectrometry. As a result of these rapid developments that have led to expanded areas of research and innovative applications, an update to Mass Spectrometry of Proteins and Peptides is not only worthwhile, but arguably mandatory. Spanning fields from microbial forensics and clinical applications to protein structure, dynamics and function, the following chapters written by leading experts serve as a forum for presenting some of the latest revolutionizing methods for mass spectrometry-based characterization of proteins and peptides. Staying faithful to the spirit of the Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series, all chapters are written in the same format, whereby each chapter opens with a basic description of the method, followed by a description of the protocol and then practical step-by-step instructions to ensure experimental success. Mass Spectrometry of Proteins and Peptides: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is a valuable resource for novice and seasoned practitioners in the fields of biochemistry, molecular biology, clinical chemistry, immunology, genetic, microbiology and toxicology.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.