- Table View
- List View
1 told 2 and 2 told 3, "I'll race you to the top of the apple tree." One hundred and one numbers climb the apple tree in this bright, rollicking, joyous book for young children. As the numerals pile up and bumblebees threaten, what's the number that saves the day? (Hint: It rhymes with "hero.") Read and count and play and laugh to learn the surprising answer.
An alphabetical tour of the world of fruits and vegetables, from apricot and artichoke to yam and zucchini, including descriptions of 75 fruits and vegetables.
Brightly colored fish introduce young children to counting and basic addition in this fun and simple concept book.
A children's book about the vegetables to grow to make vegetable soup. Book includes a recipe for the soup at the end.
A child watches her mother and father as they work with their hands, and she knows she wants to build and sew and garden and paint just like them. When they give her a special place to work, lots of good materials, and plenty of encouragement, she makes the most wonderful things!
Lois Ehlert uses watercolor collage and pieces of actual seeds, fabric, wire, and roots in this innovative and rich introduction to the life of a tree. A special glossary explains how roots absorb nutrients, what photosynthesis is, how sap circulates, and other facts about trees. Children will beg to share this book over and over.--American Bookseller
Don't think dogs can talk? Then you haven't met Ralph! He's the smartest pup around, and he can tell you all about whether the path is rough, rough on his paws, or whether he wants to come inside. ( Yep, yep, he does!) Featuring playful, dimensional collage illustrations and a funny and sweet call-and-response text, RRRalph is sure to get little ones laughing (and talking to their dogs!).
Pull on your mittens and head outside with Lois Ehlert for a snowball day! Grab some snow and start rolling. With a few found objects, like buttons and fabric and seeds, and a little imagination, you can create a whole family out of snow. Ehlert uses collages of cut paper and vibrant, textured objects to dazzling effect in her tribute to building a snowman--and snowgirl and snowcat.
Top Cat rules the house until an unexpected box from the humane society arrives with someone new--and cute--inside. At first, Top Cat doesn't want to share his house and favorite things, but soon he learns that two cats can be lots more fun than one. Lois Ehlert's collage illustrations capture the amusing antics of Top Cat and his spunky sidekick in this romping read-aloud.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.