- Table View
- List View
Detailed discussion of human sexuality.
Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity, 8e examines the rich diversity found in human sexuality and helps students develop their own opinions by promoting critical thinking skills, personal sexual health awareness, and responsible decision-making. Firmly rooted in science, the text systematically encourages students to apply the research to their own lives.
Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity, 9/e examines the rich diversity found in human sexuality. More significantly, the text places an emphasis on cultivating understanding in a world of increasing diversity through personal engagement. Students are encouraged to reflect upon their own beliefs and experiences throughout the text in order to foster a more personal and impactful learning experience. The text also helps students develop their own opinions by promoting critical thinking skills, personal sexual health awareness, and responsible decision-making.
UNDERSTANDING ART provides a balanced approach to appreciating art, incorporating coverage of masterworks from the past and present. Author Lois Fichner-Rathus combines a conversational writing style with rich images, all designed to inspire understanding of the art that surrounds you in everyday life.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.