- Table View
- List View
When Lassiter and his best pal Borling were framed for the murder of a card shark, everyone reckoned they'd swing at the end of a rope. But the jury gave them twenty-five years hard time in the roughest prison in the West. That's when Lassiter and Borling decided to break out-only to be double-crossed when freedom was a moment away. Lassiter got solitary confinement. His pardner got a back full of lead. Now all Lassiter lived for was brutal revenge.
LASSITER WAS TOUGHER THAN A WILDCAT -- AND A WHOLE LOT HARDER TO KILL! When Lassiter rode into the town of Bluegate to help save his friend's freight line, he found a bankrupt business--and a dead friend. Kane Farrell, Lassiter's worst enemy, aimed to take over the line-- and kill any man who stood in his way. With a price on his head, Lassiter was ambushed, shot and left for dead. But the wrong body ended up in the casket, and Lassiter missed his own funeral. Now he wouldn't rest until he laid a wreath on another man's grave--Farrell's!
HE WAS A ROUGH RIDING LONER WHO BECAME A LEGEND IN THE GREATEST WESTERN OF ALL TIME. ... LASSITER Before he strapped on his famous guns and made his mark in Riders of the Purple Sage, Lassiter had done plenty of hard living. A daring youth with a deadly aim, he staked all he had on a partnership in a cattle ranch. Then, to keep his stake from the greed of a rival rancher, he fought a fistful of tough characters who would have put a lesser man six feet under. But they didn't reckon on Lassiter--a man born without fear, sworn to vengeance--a man who didn't draw easy, but drew to kill. LOREN ZANE GREY continues in the grand tradition of his father, Zane Grey, with new tales of Lassiter-the mightiest gunslinger ever to sit a saddle.
A DEAD MAN'S LAST WISH LEADS LASSITER ON A TRAIL OF VENGEANCE, DOUBLE-CROSSINGS, AND MURDER! Lassiter alone heard the old man's dying words: deliver a trunk full of money to his only son Corse, a fellow who lived in a one-horse town called Sunrise. One eye on the trunk of double eagles, a thumb on his trigger, Lassiter rode into town- just in time for Corse's funeral. But when the body moved in the coffin, Lassiter faced the gun barrels of an enemy gang--and a trumped-up murder charge. Unless he got away pronto, his life would end at Sunrise ... at the swinging end of a rope!
HE WAS A WANTED MAN. ONE LONE GUN IN AN ALL-OUT RANGE WAR! Rod Rucklor had inherited the Fork Creek Ranch- but the young dude needed Lassiter's gun to keep it. Lassiter was honor-bound to protect his dead friend's son. But he hadn't planned on falling for Rod's woman-or becoming a one-man army in a range war aimed at taking the kid's land-and their lives. With a price on his head and vengeance in his heart, Lassiter set out for a lead reckoning with a pack of hired sharpshooters-and the sidewinder who'd set him up before he even rode into town!
DEEP IN TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY, LASSITER AIMED TO ROPE A FEW CATTLE ... AND A BAND OF RUTHLESS CUTTHROATS! With his dying breath, Lassiter's gut-shot friend whispered his murderer's name-Sanlee. Then a mean stranger stepped up to Lassiter in a saloon, offering him a stack of money $4,000 high to shoot down some men. The stranger's name was Sanlee. Trouble was, he had a sister who was about the prettiest thing Lassiter had ever seen. But no man can kill a pal of Lassiter's. And he wouldn't leave town until Sanlee had a new home ... in a pine box!
A GANG OF HORSE THIEVES IS IN THE KILLING BUSINESS AND THE MAN THEY WANT MOST IS LASSITER! LASSITER'S SHOWDOWN Lassiter rode into the badlands of the Northern Montana Territory on the trail of Lorna Jackson, the missing wife of a Kansas City judge. But Lorna is on a mission of her own, searching for her long lost sister. When a violent gang of horse thieves gets in her way, Lorna shoots one dead-and Lassiter earns a whole lot of trouble. Rustler Carson Hays is the best shot in the territory... and he's vowed to gun Lassiter down!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.