- Table View
- List View
A best-selling doctor's life-changing program and diet plan to effectively overcome addictions to sugar, fat, and salt, and achieve permanent weight lossLouis J. Aronne, M.D., an internationally recognized weight-management expert and the director of the Comprehensive Weight Control Center at Weil-Cornell Medical College, has created the Change Your Biology Diet, a proven program that helps people break through weight loss "resistance" to drop excess pounds and keep them off. Dr. Aronne's approach, unlike fad diets, focuses on biological factors that cause weight gain. For example, overeating the wrong kinds of food--namely highly processed, starchy, sweet, fatty food--damages neurons in the brain's appetite center that lead to weight gain. Following his plan can reverse this process. With the support of his extensive knowledge and the latest research, readers learn Twelve Breakthrough Strategies for Successful Weight Management, such as how the order in which food is eaten affects weight loss. He provides two different adaptable diets so that readers can personalize a program that works for them. There are meal plans, delicious recipes for protein shakes, soups, sauces, salad dressings, main courses, side dishes and desserts as well as three high-intensity workouts that require no equipment and can be done in less than ten minutes anywhere. Beyond diet and exercise, Dr. Aronne covers the most recent developments in weight loss medications and bariatric procedures. The Change Your Biology Diet provides readers with everything they need to know to lose weight successfully from one of the pioneers in the field of obesity medicine.
Tried diet after diet and still can't lose weight? It's time to call the expert. InThe Skinny, Dr. Louis Aronne, America's top weight-loss specialist, shares the plan that has worked so well for his many patients. Through his friendly guidance, you'll finally learn how to: stop the weight-loss, weight-gain cycle learn the strategy for feeling full with fewer calories teach your brain to stop craving food learn to put down your fork and automatically push away from the table--without counting a single calorie learn what common medications and medical conditions can make you gain weight lose the weight--even if nothing else has worked Dr. Louis Aronne is the expert whom doctors refer their toughest cases to. For more than twenty years he's worked on the front lines of obesity research and treatment. The founder and director of the Comprehensive Weight Control Program at New York-Presbyterian Hospital /Weill Cornell Medical Center, he has helped thousands of people achieve lasting weight loss. InThe Skinny, Dr. Aronne shows you how to fix your internal biology by adjusting your eating and activity one step at a time. Including comprehensive menus, restaurant options for every type of food, a do-it-at-home strength plan and exercise plans, more than fifty low-calorie, high-satisfaction recipes, and extensive advice that helps you put the plan into practice, this is the only book you'll need to learn how to defeat your hunger and cravings, and make the changes to your biochemistry that will keep the weight off for good. Are you tired of yo-yo dieting? Tired of the pain and discomfort of being overweight? Do you finally want to feel good about the body you're in? Is long-term weight loss as important to you as initial short-term loss? Then you're ready to commit toThe Skinny.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.