- Table View
- List View
This is a magnificent collection of poetry. The editor features the famous along with such lesser-known poets as Edward Taylor, Jones Very, William Ellery Channing II, Frederick Goddard Tuckerman and Anne Bradstreet, the first female (and Puritan) poet to be published. Introductory comments are interesting. "Here Cain and Abel come to sacrifice; Fruits of the Earth and Fatlings each do bring: On Abel's gift the fire descends from Skies, But no such sign on false Cain's offering. With sudden hateful looks he goes his ways, Hath thousand thoughts to end his brothers days, Upon whose blood his future good he hopes to raise. Who fancies not his looks now at the Bar ? His face like death, his heart with horror fraught. No Malefactor ever felt like war When deep despair with wish of life hath fought. Branded with guilt and crusht with treble woes, A Vagabond to Land of Nod he goes; ..." (Bradstreet) "
A collection of Robert Frost's poems with background information by Louis Untermeyer
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.