- Table View
- List View
Duty and career-Captain Thomas Moberly of His Majesty's Navy prizes them above all. So why is he tempted to relinquish both for Dinah Templeton? Though Dinah seems sweet and charming, the difference in station between an East Florida belle and the son of an earl is too marked to ignore. And all other obstacles pale with the discovery that Dinah's brother James is not what he seems. . . ;. A war is brewing on the colonies' horizon, and James has chosen his side-in opposition to the country Thomas has sworn to defend. But what of Dinah? Where does her heart truly lie-with her family, or with the man she claims to love?
Falling for the EnemyMiss Catherine Hart may be merely a paid companion, but she's the loveliest creature baron Lord Winston has ever encountered. The only obstacle is determining the mysterious Miss Hart's social pedigree before the handsome diplomat can court her in earnest.Revenge, not romance, led Catherine Du Coeur to hide her aristocratic name and seek out the man who accused her father of treason. She expected a coldhearted cad, but Winston appears honorable and compassionate. Against all odds, Catherine is drawn to the very adversary she intended to ruin. And soon both will face a choice-one involving pride, old loyalties and forgiveness.
Love Inspired Historical brings you four new titles for one great price, available now for a limited time only from July 1 to July 31! Travel back in time and experience powerful and engaging stories of romance, adventure and faith. This Love Inspired Historical bundle includes The Outlaw's Redemption by Renee Ryan, An Unexpected Wife by Cheryl Reavis, A Lady of Quality by Louise M. Gouge, and Into the Wilderness by Laura Abbot.Look for four new inspiring historical stories every month from Love Inspired Historical!
The tropics of colonial Florida are far removed from America's Revolution. Still, Rachel Folger's loyalties remain with Boston's patriots. Handsome plantation owner Frederick Moberly's faithfulness to the Crown is as certain as his admiration for Rachel--but for the sake of harmony, he'll keep his sympathies hidden. After all, the war is too far distant to truly touch them. . . isn't it? A betrayal of Rachel's trust divides the pair, leaving Frederick to question the true meaning of faith in God and in country. Inspired by Rachel to see life, liberty and love through His eyes, Frederick must harness his faith and courage to claim the woman he loves before war tears them apart.
With her father's death, Anna Newfield loses everything-her home, her inheritance and her future. Her only piece of good fortune is a job offer from wounded major Edmond Grenville, whose mother requires a companion. The Dowager Lady Greystone is controlling and unwelcoming, but Anna can enjoy Edmond's company, even if she knows the aristocratic war hero could never return her love.Even amid the glittering ballrooms of London, nothing glows brighter for Edmond than Anna's gentle courage. Loving her means going against his family's rigid command. Yet how can he walk away, when his heart may have found its true companion?
Lady Beatrice Gregory has beauty, brains-and a wastrel brother. With her family fortune squandered, her only chance of a Season is as a lowly companion. London's glittering balls and parties are bittersweet when Beatrice has no hope of a match. Still, helping Lord Greystone with his charitable work brings her genuine pleasure...perhaps more than she dares to admit.Even when every marriageable miss in London is paraded before him, the only woman to capture Lord Greystone's attention is the one he shouldn't pursue. Attaching himself to a ruined family would jeopardize his ambitions. Yet Lady Beatrice may be the only wife to suit his lord's heart.
Much Ado About Nuptials by Deborah Hale Plagued with a jaded heart, Sebastian Stanhope, Viscount Benedict, won't let his half brother rush into marriage. He must convince the bride's stubborn---if charming---governess, Rebecca Beaton, to help sever the engagement. Only, Rebecca is determined to encourage the engaged pair. . . and show Sebastian the blessing of true love. The Gentleman Takes a Bride by Louise M. Gouge Surely Elizabeth Moberly was born to be a nobleman's bride. She can't possibly be attracted to the untitled stranger who interrupts her cousin's wedding. Yet Elizabeth finds herself drawn to Philip Lindsey's tender heart and strong faith. And if Philip has his way, he'll convince Elizabeth the only title she needs is Mrs. Lindsey, beloved wife.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.