- Table View
- List View
<div><p>NOTE: This book is based on Windows 8 Release Preview; its content and publication date will be updated for final Windows 8 software.\n</p><p>Teach yourself how to build Windows 8 applications using Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.5 with Microsoft Visual C# 2012 or Visual Basic 2012—one step at a time. Ideal for those with intermediate to advanced .NET development skills, this tutorial provides practical, learn-by-doing exercises for creating apps that easily adapt to different screen sizes—including desktop and laptop computers, tablets, and slates.</p></div>
Your hands-on, step-by-step guide to building Windows 8 apps with Microsoft® Visual C++® Teach yourself how to build Windows 8 applications using the Visual C++ language--one step at a time. Ideal for those with intermediate to advanced C++ development skills, this tutorial provides practical, learn-by-doing exercises for creating apps that can adapt to different screen sizes--including desktop and laptop computers, tablets, and slates. Discover how to: Build apps using Windows 8 design guidelines Explore the Windows 8 application architecture Apply tools and libraries from Microsoft® Visual Studio® and the Windows 8 SDK Use XAML to create touch-optimized user interfaces Create apps that make use of device sensors Manage the Windows 8 application lifecycle Prepare your app for the Windows Store
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.