- Table View
- List View
YOU CAN START OVER AGAIN Many Christians become so discouraged because of their sins and failures that they give up on ever having fellowship with God again. They also fear that their broken relationships will never heal. For everyone who has wished for a fresh beginning, here is good news. This gentle, affirming book emphasises how much God wants his wandering children to return to him. Award-winning author and pastor Erwin Lutzer provides solutions to common questions about how to reconnect with God and with those we are estranged from. Thanks to God's grace, it is never too late to do what's right. In this powerful, practical book, bestselling author Erwin Lutzer shows you how to clear your conscience and reestablish broken relationships. Worthy or not, you can know real, lasting peace - and the assurance that God still has a plan for your life.Story Behind the BookThe idea for this book came to me when speaking at Promise Keepers. There were many men who came to faith in Christ, but then failed in their walk the next week or the next month. So they assumed that this new life was not for them; they thought that God was so angry with their failure, they might just as well live on the fringes of the Christian faith, rather than making it the core of their lives. This is a message of grace, not only in establishing our relationship with God, but in reconciling with those we have wronged, or who have wronged us.From the Hardcover edition.
The clearer we see God, the clearer we shall see ourselves. With this conviction firmly in mind, Dr. Erwin Lutzer examines ten lies about our Maker that have crept into spiritual thought in postmodern times. And he notes that these deceits are prominent not only in non-Christian minds but in the professing church as well.On the surface, each of these lies may appear at least partially true or even harmless. But, as Dr. Lutzer reveals, each harbors a distinct danger: It isn't biblical, so it puts our faith at risk. In Ten Lies About God he challenges the accuracy of these beliefs: Lie 1: God is whatever we want him to be.Lie 2: Many paths lead into God's presence. Lie 3: God is more tolerant than He used to be.Lie 4: God has personally never suffered. Lie 5: God is obligated to save followers of other religions.Lie 6: God takes no responsibility for natural disasters.Lie 7: God does not know our decisions before we make them. Lie 8: The Fall ruined God's plan.Lie 9: We must choose between God's pleasures and our own. Lie 10: God helps those who help themselves.The goal of Dr. Lutzer's study is not only purity of spiritual belief, but an enhanced worship of God.
We are all deceived, driven by selfish desires, and incapable of doing what we know to be right in our own human strength. Premier Bible teacher Dr. Erwin Lutzer explains the hopeful reality that change is possible through the sometimes painful process of God-given revelation and honesty.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.