- Table View
- List View
This first volume of Rosa Luxemburg's Complete Works, entitled Economic Writings I, will contain some of Luxemburg's most important writings on the globalization of capital, wage labor, imperialism and pre-capitalist economic formations, most of which have never before appeared in English. In addition to including a new translation of her doctoral dissertation, The Industrial Development of Poland, it will include the first complete English translation of her Introduction to Political Economy, which explores (among other issues) the impact of capitalist commodity production and industrialization upon non-capitalist social strata in the developing world.The volume will also include ten recently discovered manuscripts, all of which will appear in English for the first time.
The most comprehensive collection of letters by Rosa Luxemburg ever published in English, this book includes 190 letters written to leading figures in the European and international labor and socialist movements--Leo Jogiches, Karl Kautsky, Clara Zetkin and Karl Liebknecht--who were among her closest friends, lovers and colleagues. Much of this correspondence appears for the first time in English translation; all of it helps to illuminate the inner life of this iconic revolutionary, who was at once an economic and social theorist, a political activist and a lyrical stylist. Her political concerns are revealed alongside her personal struggles within a socialist movement that was often hostile to independently minded women. This collection will provide readers with a newer and deeper appreciation of Luxemburg as a writer and historical figure.From the Trade Paperback edition.
"Let's be realists, let's dream the impossible." Che Guevara's words summarize the radical vision of the four famous rebels presented in this book: Marx and Engels' "Communist Manifesto," Rosa Luxemburg's "Reform or Revolution" and Che Guevara's "Socialism and Humanity." Far from being lifeless historical documents, these manifestos for revolution will resonate with a new generation also seeking a better world. "The world described by Marx and Engels... is recognizably the world we live in 150 years later.
Why capitalism cannot overcome its internal contradictions and the working class cannot "reform" away exploitation and economic crises. Introduction by Mary-Alice Waters, glossary of names and terms. Appendix: 'Evolutionary socialism-ultimate aim and tendency' by Eduard Bernstein.
A controversial Marxist, Luxemburg here opposes the Bolsheviks' quest for power.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.