- Table View
- List View
This first volume of Rosa Luxemburg's Complete Works, entitled Economic Writings I, will contain some of Luxemburg's most important writings on the globalization of capital, wage labor, imperialism and pre-capitalist economic formations, most of which have never before appeared in English. In addition to including a new translation of her doctoral dissertation, The Industrial Development of Poland, it will include the first complete English translation of her Introduction to Political Economy, which explores (among other issues) the impact of capitalist commodity production and industrialization upon non-capitalist social strata in the developing world.The volume will also include ten recently discovered manuscripts, all of which will appear in English for the first time.
The most comprehensive collection of letters by Rosa Luxemburg ever published in English, this book includes 190 letters written to leading figures in the European and international labor and socialist movements--Leo Jogiches, Karl Kautsky, Clara Zetkin and Karl Liebknecht--who were among her closest friends, lovers and colleagues. Much of this correspondence appears for the first time in English translation; all of it helps to illuminate the inner life of this iconic revolutionary, who was at once an economic and social theorist, a political activist and a lyrical stylist. Her political concerns are revealed alongside her personal struggles within a socialist movement that was often hostile to independently minded women. This collection will provide readers with a newer and deeper appreciation of Luxemburg as a writer and historical figure.From the Trade Paperback edition.
"Let's be realists, let's dream the impossible." Che Guevara's words summarize the radical vision of the four famous rebels presented in this book: Marx and Engels' "Communist Manifesto," Rosa Luxemburg's "Reform or Revolution" and Che Guevara's "Socialism and Humanity." Far from being lifeless historical documents, these manifestos for revolution will resonate with a new generation also seeking a better world. "The world described by Marx and Engels... is recognizably the world we live in 150 years later.
Why capitalism cannot overcome its internal contradictions and the working class cannot "reform" away exploitation and economic crises. Introduction by Mary-Alice Waters, glossary of names and terms. Appendix: 'Evolutionary socialism-ultimate aim and tendency' by Eduard Bernstein.
A controversial Marxist, Luxemburg here opposes the Bolsheviks' quest for power.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.