- Table View
- List View
Don't let this lonely spider frighten you! She just wants to be a family pet--and she thinks she would make a better one than the typical dog or cat. But every time this clever spider tries to impress her chosen family, she scares them instead--until the day she unwittingly enchants them.
Indie Kidd is simply crazy about animals. She feels terrible when her best(est) friend Fee's cat is run over. Poor Fee is lost without her beloved pet, Garfield. Indie will do anything to help her super-sad friend feel glad again. She's ready to put her cheer-up-Fee plan into action. But is Fee ready to have fun yet?
INDIE KIDD CAN'T wait to be a cool grown-up. Actually, she wants to be a cool grown-up right now. Lately Indie's mother has been acting weird and treating her like she's a little kid. Indie thinks it would be cool to get a job and live wherever she wants, just like Caitlin, who rents a room in their house. She even wants to hang out with Caitlin rather than her own friends, who aren't grown up enough to understand how she feels. Little does she know that trying to be a cool grown-up could get her into a whole heap of trouble. From the Trade Paperback edition.
He growls at trucks. He snaps at clouds. He barks at rain. Mad Dog McGraw is one mean dog. What's a kid to do? First he tries stilts, but his left stilt gets stuck in a crack; then he tries an umbrella, but the wind only carries him so far. He even tries a cat named Bait--but Bait LOVES Mad Dog! With some hard thinking and a little courage (and a dog biscuit, for good measure), our protagonist comes to a startling realization. Maybe Mad Dog's bark is worse than his bite. The perfect book for kids who worry about dogs, as well as the kids who already love them. Mad Dog McGraw may show his teeth to the wind, but deep down, he's just a pussycat. Picture descriptions added.
Hooray! Gorilla has come to stay- he crashes through the door full of excitement and anticipation. And at first he's not disappointed. The family have thought of everything to make him comfortable. But then it begins to snow. . . and although Gorilla likes the look and taste of snow, he's not a natural at all the snow-related activities they try. With skiing and skating, he wibbles and wobbles all over the place before falling over. "Ooo, ooo, ooo," he cries. He doesn't like it. Even his snowman falls on top of him! So how can the little boy make him feel better? By finding something Gorilla is good at, that's how. And 'Ooo, ooo, ooo', it turns out to be something that's very exciting!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.