- Table View
- List View
An estimated 20 percent of boys and up to 8 percent of girls have attention deficit disorder -- a condition marked by distractibility, short attention span, impulsiveness, and hyperactivity. Many physicians routinely prescribe Ritalin, an amphetamine-like drug, to modify the behavior of A.D.D. children. But as Dr. William Sears and child psychologist Lynda Thompson explain, drug therapy is not the only way to approach A.D.D. Drawing on the latest research findings and their own experiences with A.D.D. children, Sears and Thompson show that these kids actually possess certain read advantages: tenacity, energy, creativity, spontaneity, and the ability to hyperfocus. They offer a state-of William the-art self-help approach to A.D.D. that will help parents reduce or eliminate the need for Lynda drugs -- including cutting-edge neurofeedback techniques and learning strategies that empower A.D.D. children and teach them how to cope. Full of real-life case histories, this landmark guide is an indispensable resource for every parent with an A.D.D. child -- and the only book available that focuses on the positive side of A.D.D.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.