As adorably absurd as chickens themselves, this book of charming illustrations and laugh-out-loud funny poultry poems will appeal to anyone with a fowl sense of humor!
When the kids are having a meltdown, savvy parents will keep their cool with this fun compendium of silly games, unexpected stunts, and wow-inducing facts designed to entertain little ones aged 27. This book features more than 100 clever ideas for simple and inexpensive activities that are appropriate for restaurants (Impressions with Straws), the supermarket (Go Fish), and long plane rides (Crush a Bottle Without Even Touching It!). Whether they're making raisins dance or whistling with an acorn, kids will beamazed (and distracted) by their Mama . . . thanks to her Little Book of Tricks.
Chickens know a few things about feeling fried. That's why they've been practicing yoga for centuries. As this hilariously illustrated guide to simple yoga poses reveals, we have much to learn from their bird-brained wisdom. Anyone who's all cooped up or stressed out by the pecking order will feel like a spring chicken in no time thanks to such postures as Chick's Pose, Snake in the Grass, and Chicken of the Sea. Sections on breathing and stretching enlighten any load, and a series of fix-it routines unscramble such problem areas as neck, thighs, and aching feet. Thoughtful hen koans (why did the chicken cross the road?) and plucky affirmations invite contemplation and are sure to inspire budding yoginis to spread their wings. Googly eyed, combs akimbo, these very funky chickens will illuminate both beginners and the adept, and are sure to make anyone's day more chirpy--all for a nice cheep price. Even the toughest old bird will crack a smile with Yoga for Chickens.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.