- Table View
- List View
As adorably absurd as chickens themselves, this book of charming illustrations and laugh-out-loud funny poultry poems will appeal to anyone with a fowl sense of humor!
When the kids are having a meltdown, savvy parents will keep their cool with this fun compendium of silly games, unexpected stunts, and wow-inducing facts designed to entertain little ones aged 27. This book features more than 100 clever ideas for simple and inexpensive activities that are appropriate for restaurants (Impressions with Straws), the supermarket (Go Fish), and long plane rides (Crush a Bottle Without Even Touching It!). Whether they're making raisins dance or whistling with an acorn, kids will beamazed (and distracted) by their Mama . . . thanks to her Little Book of Tricks.
Chickens know a few things about feeling fried. That's why they've been practicing yoga for centuries. As this hilariously illustrated guide to simple yoga poses reveals, we have much to learn from their bird-brained wisdom. Anyone who's all cooped up or stressed out by the pecking order will feel like a spring chicken in no time thanks to such postures as Chick's Pose, Snake in the Grass, and Chicken of the Sea. Sections on breathing and stretching enlighten any load, and a series of fix-it routines unscramble such problem areas as neck, thighs, and aching feet. Thoughtful hen koans (why did the chicken cross the road?) and plucky affirmations invite contemplation and are sure to inspire budding yoginis to spread their wings. Googly eyed, combs akimbo, these very funky chickens will illuminate both beginners and the adept, and are sure to make anyone's day more chirpy--all for a nice cheep price. Even the toughest old bird will crack a smile with Yoga for Chickens.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.