- Table View
- List View
The new edition of this classic core textbook has been fully updated to reflect the current syllabus, including equine content for the first time, while retaining additional useful chapters that are no longer covered in the syllabus. Each chapter includes learning objectives and self assessment questions. There are new chapters on professional responsibilities, professional development and learning. KEY FEATURES: Anatomy and physiology presented in a single integrated chapter to allow easy comparison, Stand-alone chapter on nursing models, with clinical application examples, New chapter on professional responsibilities, regulation and ethics, Up-to-date content on MRSA and PETS regulations, Appendix on study skills, Specially commissioned new drawings, Addresses equine species as required by VN core units, including details on anatomy, handling, stabling, feeding, bandaging, radiography, reproduction and anaesthesia.
Free-lance journalist Abbie Kincaid aimed to ferret out the publicity-shy Oklahoma inventor, Mai Garrett. Then she overheard the elusive Mai mention he needed a long-distance test driver- with himself as passenger! Setting Mai up for her scoop, Abbie impulsively volunteered. And she got the job, unaware that Mai counted on her to win an important bet-against Roxanne, the woman who had doublecrossed him years before. Grudgingly, Abbie found herself captivated by Mai's rugged charms. But he had already been badly hurt once... and now she, too, was betraying his trust.
Who's the Fairest of Them All?Thanks to the Witness Protection Program, for five years Jenna Kendrick, a.k.a. Kendra Jenner, faced a stranger in the mirror. Now, with the man she helped imprison about to be paroled, she was facing danger....Jenna had no choice: To save her life, she had to leave behind the man she loved-long, lean cowboy Adam Case-and become someone else again.But no hair dye or fake ID could prevent Adam from tracking her down...or demanding the truth. Who was she, really? The woman he loved, or the devil disguise?Before he could find out, Jenna was on the run again...with a killer right behind her.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.