- Table View
- List View
The typical American diet is a major factor in the epidemic of obesity and poor health in the country's children. Baby Greens helps parents establish healthy eating habits in their children--and themselves--through a diet rich in raw foods. A lively mix of education, philosophy, recipes, and activities, the book adapts the living foods approach for all ages and lifestyles. The first part of the book explains the principles of bioenergetic nutrition and shows how cutting-edge nutritional practices--including nutritional individuality, pH balance, terrain testing, and homeopathy--can dramatically improve a child's health. In addition to recipes and resources, the second part offers insights into the holistic approach to pregnancy, breastfeeding, extended breastfeeding, weaning, food experimentation, play, and other daily activities. Written in reassuring, easy to understand language, Baby Greens empowers parents to step outside the fast food box and take a proactive approach to maintaining their family's health and well-being.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.