- Table View
- List View
Barb Carico's life is all about business. Now that her best friend has tied the knot with her high school sweetheart and Barb's new partner, she's busier than ever. Managing Jesse Sullivan's career and public persona can be a handful. Add in an aging mother who goes through home health nurses like candy, Barb's hanging on the edge.Her one salvation? Hunter Martin, prodigal son of Martin Family Dairy and, hopefully, Jesse's next sponsor. A promise his father had already made before Hunter took over the public relations department. After his brother's death, Hunter's become an instant dad to his seven-year-old niece. More responsibility. For Hunter, the rodeo weekend with Barb is the perfect excuse to relax.When their dinner turns into drinks and then a quick trip to a Vegas wedding chapel, both Barb and Hunter agree their nuptials were a mistake. A mistake they consummated the next evening. As soon as they're home, the marriage will be annulled. That's what they both want. Or at least what they tell themselves.Upon their return, Hunter finds that distant relatives are suing him for custody of his niece. The only way for him to keep custody is to design a life that matches the promise of a perfect family. For that, he needs Barb to stay married to him. Hunter would give her anything to go along with the charade.Barb doesn't know anything about being a wife or mother but she needs one favor. A favor she'll trade her lifestyle, independence, and even risk her heart to make come true.Sensuality Level: Sensual
In the gentle coastal town of South Cove, California, all Jill Gardner wants is to keep her store--Coffee, Books, and More--open and running. So why is she caught up in the business of murder?When Jill's elderly friend, Miss Emily, calls in a fit of pique, she already knows the city council is trying to force Emily to sell her dilapidated old house. But Emily's gumption goes for naught when she dies unexpectedly and leaves the house to Jill--along with all of her problems. . . and her enemies. Convinced her friend was murdered, Jill is finding the list of suspects longer than the list of repairs needed on the house. But Jill is determined to uncover the culprit--especially if it gets her closer to South Cove's finest, Detective Greg King. Problem is, the killer knows she's on the case--and is determined to close the book on Jill permanently. . . 81,000 Words
A rogue hunter, a clueless witch and a mission to save an unknowing world. Parris McCall, owner of the dive bar, The Alibi, has finally constructed a life where her little quirks don't show or matter to anyone. As for her grandmother's warnings that she's different, well, she'll cross that bridge if she comes to it. But when Ty walks into her bar, both lives are instantly changed. Ty Wallace loves his life. How could he not? He's a powerful human lawyer by day and the Magic Council's rogue witch hunter by night. But after he agrees to substitute on his secretaryÆs dart team, all hell breaks loose. Now Ty has to help Parris admit who she is before her long-lost relatives kill her.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.