Relates the lives of four generations of women who became the matriarchs of the Hebrew nation.
As his adventures with Little Bear continue, Omri travels from the French and Indian wars to the present, and then back to the Old West at the tum-of-the-century.From the Hardcover edition.
A riveting story about a young girl Stacey whose life is nothing to write home about. School is a bore, friends are appalling while her dad ran off! She lives in a poky flat alone with her mom. Out of nowhere, her glamorous grandma who she's never met shows up to visit -- all the way from Australia. Stacey is relocated to Australia in the heat, dust, flies, and even scorpions and snakes, of the outback. Will all this (plus -- yuck! -- an outside toilet) prove too much for Stacey the city-girl? And is her flashy, rich gran quite who she seems...?
Two tiger cub brothers are torn from the jungle and taken to Rome. The stronger cub is trained as a killer at the Coliseum. Emperor Caesar makes a gift of the smaller cub to his beautiful daughter, Aurelia. She adores her cub, Boots. Julius, a young animal keeper, teaches Aurelia how to earn Boots's trust. Boots is pampered while his brother, known as Brute, lives in the cold and darkness, let out only to kill. Caesar trusts Julius to watch Aurelia and her prized pet. But when a prank backfires, Boots temporarily escapes and Julius must pay with his life. Thousands watch as Julius is sent unarmed into the arena to face the killer Brute. From the Hardcover edition.
"Torn Country" is not so much a history of the Arab-Israeli war but rather a series of recollections and assessments of it by participants. Banks collected interviews and arranged them, to give as clear a picture of the events that took place as possible through the memories and in the words of a wide variety of people who remember them -- sometimes as if they happened yesterday, more often with perspective: events that shaped Jewish history.
Maggie Robertson's desire to escape her puritanical Scottish home and become a stage actress leads her to marriage and motherhood in Africa, alienation from her family, and a long struggle to regain her dream after divorce and more family conflicts and personal heartaches. The "warning bells" marked turning points in Maggie's life, but she often ignored them, and learned to have no regrets in her quest for personal and professional happiness and satisfaction.
A teenage girl takes a journey of self-discovery with her boyfriend, and unwittingly becomes involved in drug smuggling.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.