[From the back cover:] Caught in the whirl of holiday preparation, two moms are challenged to change their view of themselves and their family traditions. Can Christmas survive the upheaval? In Done with the Dashing, meet Maggie Mackenzie, for whom Christmas is all about making things perfect for others. Given a valuable lesson on caring for herself, Maggie decides to teach her household the truth about giving and receiving. Can she discover "Christmas balance," or will her family's antics drive her back to her take-charge ways? In My True Love Gave to Me..., Penny Lassiter has a comfortable routine with her spouse and kids--until a layoff changes her husband's perspective. He suggests throwing tradition to the wind and reconnecting as a family on a crosscountry adventure. Can Penny endure a Christmas without her greeting-card perfect expectations? These wise and witty tales show how the real spirit of Christmas can be regained--with a new understanding of the traditions that truly matter.
Welcome to the Ozarks, the setting of award-winning author Christine Lynxwiler's latest breath-taking romance, where the lives of a timid dog whisperer and an out-for-revenge reporter collide. Elyse McCord, the biological daughter of a modern-day Bonnie and Clyde, turns into a mighty warrior when a dog's well-being is at stake. Finding herself in the sights of a pistol-wielding maniac whose been mistreating his dog, she's suddenly swept to safety by Andrew Stone, a widower bent on hunting down his wife's killers. Is there any future for an outlaw's daughter and a Texas ranger's son?
Kristianna Harrington always dreamed of a Christmas wedding. After two broken engagements, she's content to forget romance and run her Christmas shop in Jingle Bells, Arkansas. She thinks her biggest fear is making it down the aisle as maid of honor in her best friend's Christmas wedding. When her beloved Jingle Bells is threatened, she struggles to sort through her jumbled feelings concerning the handsome lawyer hired to change the town name and her childhood sweetheart who has returned just in time to come to her aid. Will her heart discover the truth before both her town and her Christmas spirit is extinguished?
All Done with the Dashing by Pamela Dowd. Maggie Mackenzie determines that Thanksgiving cooking everyone else's favorite dish is holiday insanity--and decides to transform this Christmas from work to worship. Is she really ready to give up the longstanding traditions? And what will the change mean for her household? No Holly, No Ivy by Wanda Luttrell. Alone for the first time at Christmas, Loraine is determined to enjoy it. She'll miss her distant family but feels she has the perfect recipe for a stress-free holiday. O Little Town of Progress by Wanda Luttrell. The town of Progress had made no progress, and octogenarian Mary Martha Sims is content to live out her days in her late husband's dark old house. Nearby, Olde Towne is changing rapidly. Journalist Charlie Justice, expecting her first child, worries over a transformation that will affect all of her plans. Can a Christmas encounter teach these two women to see beyond past hurts and present circumstances to what they can learn from one another? My True Love Gave to Me ... by Christine Lynxwiler. Penny Lassiter has the Christmas season down to an art, from tree trimming to cookie baking to all the endless parties. But when her husband takes her traditions for a ride, Penny's left to wonder, Where do we put the tree? More importantly, she'll ask herself where the Christmas spirit lives, and whether it's marked on a map. Penny's about to find exactly what true love gives to her, on and off the road.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.