- Table View
- List View
The fully revised second edition of the Encyclopedia of Heart Diseases is an ideal resource for practicing clinicians and researchers. Available in print, online, and with dual access, it is a clear and comprehensive aggregation of the most crucial information and essential data on cardiovascular diseases and therapeutics. Comprised of over 95 entries with regular online updates, the Encyclopedia of Heart Diseases is fully referenced, and major points of interests are hyperlinked to complementary sections. Each entry is logically and superbly written, providing accurate core knowledge of pathogenesis, pathophysiology, clinical features, diagnostic techniques, and management strategies. Specific detail is paid to technological advances in imaging and diagnostics. Therapy focused entries give powerful insights into not only prescribing drug regimens, but also into the controversies surrounding their use. This major reference work is invaluable for all those involved in the care of cardiovascular patients. From the front-line practitioner to the basic science researcher to the student in training, the Encyclopedia of Heart Diseases offers an astute authoritative guide to navigating an immense body of fascinating information. From the trainee to the internist and cardiologist, all will find it useful. It is an essential resource for medical libraries and academic institutions worldwide. From the Foreword: So, what would we want from an encyclopedia on heart disease? Ideally, a book would be comprehensive, yet concise, and be practically oriented, and explain pathophysiology and treatment. In addition, it should be accessible online so that it can be accessed at the bedside or anywhere. Dr. Khan has written exactly such a book. Encyclopedia of Heart Diseases is comprehensive, yet concise, and very practically oriented. Importantly, it takes a step-by-step approach, walking the reader through a thorough pathophysiology of conditions, their evaluation and treatment. For therapies, he provides the mechanism of the drug, its doses, side effects and clinical efficacy. ...A terrific online resource with all the information you need! - Christopher P. Cannon, MD, TIMI Study Group, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.