- Table View
- List View
The fully revised second edition of the Encyclopedia of Heart Diseases is an ideal resource for practicing clinicians and researchers. Available in print, online, and with dual access, it is a clear and comprehensive aggregation of the most crucial information and essential data on cardiovascular diseases and therapeutics. Comprised of over 95 entries with regular online updates, the Encyclopedia of Heart Diseases is fully referenced, and major points of interests are hyperlinked to complementary sections. Each entry is logically and superbly written, providing accurate core knowledge of pathogenesis, pathophysiology, clinical features, diagnostic techniques, and management strategies. Specific detail is paid to technological advances in imaging and diagnostics. Therapy focused entries give powerful insights into not only prescribing drug regimens, but also into the controversies surrounding their use. This major reference work is invaluable for all those involved in the care of cardiovascular patients. From the front-line practitioner to the basic science researcher to the student in training, the Encyclopedia of Heart Diseases offers an astute authoritative guide to navigating an immense body of fascinating information. From the trainee to the internist and cardiologist, all will find it useful. It is an essential resource for medical libraries and academic institutions worldwide. From the Foreword: So, what would we want from an encyclopedia on heart disease? Ideally, a book would be comprehensive, yet concise, and be practically oriented, and explain pathophysiology and treatment. In addition, it should be accessible online so that it can be accessed at the bedside or anywhere. Dr. Khan has written exactly such a book. Encyclopedia of Heart Diseases is comprehensive, yet concise, and very practically oriented. Importantly, it takes a step-by-step approach, walking the reader through a thorough pathophysiology of conditions, their evaluation and treatment. For therapies, he provides the mechanism of the drug, its doses, side effects and clinical efficacy. ...A terrific online resource with all the information you need! - Christopher P. Cannon, MD, TIMI Study Group, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.