- Table View
- List View
An uplifting Bible study in which MacArthur guides the reader through a clear exploration of St. Peter's two letters.
What does Jesus mean when he says, "Follow me"? Twenty years ago, pastor-teacher and bestselling author John MacArthur tackled that seemingly simple question-and wrote a book that has since taken its place among Christianity's classics. This 20th Anniversary edition of MacArthur's provocative book has been revised and contains one new chapter.
John MacArthur's personal selection of verses reflects what he considers to be the most significant thoughts to be found in God's Word. MacArthur speaks directly to the reader about the background of each verse- why it is important to memorize, approximately 3 pages of commentary for each verse. Each verse will be included in the MacArthur Scripture Memory System. Reading the book will be almost like listening to a radio interview with MacArthur. The book allows him to do what he does best - make the Bible come alive for people today.
A guide to attaining spiritual growth. With an emphasis on biblical scripture as a means of harnessing and maturing your faith in God.
You've seen The Passion of The Christ; now discover what it means to you.
In One Perfect Life, Dr. John MacArthur presents a one-of-a-kind composite harmony of the New Testament Gospels, blending the biblical material about the Lord Jesus into a single continuous narrative that will help you better understand the Scripture and grow stronger in the faith. Prophetic passages from the Old Testament and pertinent texts from the New Testament epistles are also incorporated into the story, revealing an unforgettable and glorious portrait of the Eternal Christ from Genesis to Revelation. No other harmony of the Gospels includes such extensive study notes to help you unpack the meaning of each, verse. Features Including: A blended harmony of the Gospels showing how Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John fit seamlessly together, Versed-by-verse explanations from one of the most renowned Bible teachers of our time, An emphasis on key passages connected to the Lord Jesus Christ from Genesis to Revelation, A trusted Bible translation in the New King James Version Book jacket.
The book of Revelation unveils Jesus Christ in glory. Written by the apostle John, Revelation was a letter to churches in Asia Minor who were feeling the overwhelming effects of persecution from all sides. This book was a reminder that encouraged them to remain faithful. Through vivid imagery, John writes Revelation to reveal the end of human history, the return of Christ, and the establishment of a new heaven and a new earth. Revelation message of hope assures Christians that God is in sovereign control of all past, present, and future events, and that Jesus Christ will judge the lost and rule in ultimate victory over all human and demonic opposition. The Mac Arthur Study Guide Series provides a twelve week, verse-by-verse examination of the books of the New Testament. This revised and updated series continues to be one of the best-selling study guides currently available for individuals or small groups. Features Include: Twelve week study Thought-provoking questions Verse-by-verse commentary Space provided for note-taking
September 11, 2001 saw the deadliest attack ever launched on American soil, leaving us asking questions such as: Why did God permit such a thing to happen? Was the attack a divine judgment or was it merely an atrocity perpetrated by the forces of evil? How can human beings be capable of such diabolical savagery in the name of religion? And what is the right course of action for our government to take? John MacArthur points us to the Bible for answers to these and many other questions arising out the recent atrocities. He educates readers to the roots of the conflict, linking the religious and political issues that underlie the current turmoil to the Old Testament.
Bible teacher John MacArthur offers lessons learned from the lifes of twelve extraordinary biblical women
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.