- Table View
- List View
In this eighth and final book of the Rose Years series, Rose has become an independent young woman. She leaves Rocky Ridge Farm, first for Kansas City to learn how to be a telegrapher, then for San Francisco. Her dream is to work for a year or two, save a little money, and then marry Paul Cooley, her childhood sweetheart. But the big city has all sorts of surprises in store for Rose, and she finds that she's destined to travel a road she never even imagined.
Rose Wilder is eight and has settled into life on Rocky Ridge Farm in Missouri, the Land of the Big Red Apple. She dreams of the day their crop will come in, but danger and excitement come first, as Rose battles a fierce ice storm and celebrates her first real Ozarks Christmas. Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
Laura Ingalls Wilder, her husband, and their daughter continue to work to make Rocky Ridge farm in Missouri, their new home.
In 1894, Laura Ingalls Wilder, her husband, and 7-year-old daughter leave Dakota and make the long and difficult journey to Missouri to start a new life.
The Little House books have captivated generations of readers with their story of the little pioneer girl Laura Ingalls growing up on the American frontier. Now the Little House story continues with The Rocky Ridge Years, books that tell the story of Laura and Almanzo Wilder's daughter, Rose. The first four books in the Series, Little House on Rocky Ridge, Little Farm In The Ozarks, In The Land Of The Big Red Apple, and On The Other Side Of the Hill, describe the Wilders' covered-wagon journey to Missouri and their first three years in their new farmhouse,Little Town In The Ozarks continues their story, as hard times on the farm force Rose and her family to move to the town of Mansfield. Life in town is so different from living on Rocky Ridge Farm that Rose wonders if she will ever learn to like the hustle and bustle of town life. Little Town In The Ozarks continues the story that Laura Ingalls Wilder began more than sixty years ago -- a story whose wonder and adventure have charmed millions of readers.
It's a big year for thirteen-year-old Rose and her family as they witness the turn of the century and, after years of hard work, experience their first apple harvest out on Rocky Ridge farm. And as her feelings for Paul grow stronger, there are even signs of romance in the air for Rose. It's a time for new beginnings in New Dawn on Rocky Ridge, the sixth book in the Rocky Ridge series continuing the story that Laura Ingalls Wilder told of her own childhood, a story that has charmed generations of readers.
The Little House books have captivated generations of readers with their story of the little pioneer girl Laura Ingalls growing LIP on the American frontier. Now the Little House story continues with The Rose Years, books that tell the story of Laura and Almanzo Wilder's daughter, Rose. </P><P>The first six books in the series describe the Wilders' journey to Missouri, their first three years on Rocky Ridge Farm. and their move to the town of Mansfield. In this latest Rose Years title, a whole new world opens LIP for Rose when she leaves Rocky Ridge Farm and moves to Louisiana to live with her aunt Eliza Jane. Rose is sixteen now, and she thrives in a city brimming with excitement and adventure. Rose even finds herself becoming an independent young woman with her own ideas, ambitions, and dreams. </P><P>"ON THE BANKS OF THE BAYOU</I> continues the story that Laura Ingalls Wilder began more than sixty years ago -- a story whose wonder and adventure have charmed millions of readers. </P>
A new addition to the popular series written by the adopted grandson of Rose Wilder, Laura Ingalls Wilder's daughter. The Wilder family struggles to make a success of Rocky Ridge, their little farm in the Ozarks. Young Rose must help her parents as they battle the natural disasters of a cyclone, a drought, and a forest fire. But there are good times as well, when Rose attends her first party in town. Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
Laura Ingalls Wilder described her 1915 voyage to San Francisco to visit her daughter, Rose Lane. Laura's husband, Almanzo, was unable to leave their Missouri farm and these are her faithful letters home, vividly describing every detail of her journey.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.