This book provides an overview of critical components of cell signaling machinery and its role in epithelial morphogenesis, proliferation, invasions and angiogenesis in human cancer and discusses novel types of protein kinase pathways.
The book focuses on the understanding of molecular pathways by which normal cell progress to the definable stage of cancer. The chapters explore microbiota and chronic inflammation, multiple myeloma chemoprevention, microRNAs, cancer regulation, liquid biopsies, and angiogenesis. Recent advances of molecular risk assessment, tumor microenvironment, microneoplasia, malignant gene expressions are highlighted to provide a means and design of future cancer prevention strategies and challenges thereupon. The volume also explores various receptor drugs that are in development process with the emphasis of inhibitors used to prevent malignant gene expression. The book bridges the gap between basic science and clinical application of current knowledge of cancer and emphasizes that tumor progression and cancer metastasis are not random - treatments and cure are logical and eventual. Expertly authored and drawing from a wealth of international perspectives, Molecular Targets and Strategies in Cancer Prevention is invaluable reading for clinicians and researchers in the fields of oncology and molecular biology.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.