- Table View
- List View
This new edition provides a thorough grounding in the key issues in mental health. It highlights the key issues in this complex and sensitive area of practice and helps students to understand the latest policy and practice issues. The book looks at various aspects of Mental Health Law including the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the recent amendments to the 1983 Mental Health Act. The author is careful to apply these laws to everyday practice in an accessible and user-friendly way. This new edition includes updates to key policy areas such as Putting People First (2007) and No Voice (2007).
This third edition provides a thorough grounding in the key issues in mental health and, by highlighting the skills and values that are necessary for contemporary practice, helps students to develop their knowledge and understanding to enable them to deliver an appropriate and responsive service for people facing mental health challenges. This edition also reflects the recent and important changes to mental health legislation policies and practice, including the implementation of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Mental Health Act 2007, which makes significant amendments to the 1983 MHA, including the introduction of the Approved Mental Health Professional.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.