- Table View
- List View
The Indian Ocean region is arguably one of the world's least understood, yet its importance in geopolitics and international relations is greater than ever before. This book explores the concepts of regime theory, regional orders and ocean governance to critically assess the effectiveness of maritime regimes, something that not been attempted before for the Indian Ocean Region. This study employs the theoretical framework of international regimes in the context of ocean governance by developing a new model, which is used to test the regimes' effectiveness. This book addresses the analytical gap in our understanding about the strategic importance of the Indian Ocean as a region in contemporary world geopolitics and international relations. Case studies display the groundwork for regional cooperation in the maritime realm laid by Indian Ocean countries, and the effectiveness of current political leadership is addressed. There is considerable value in looking at the Indian Ocean as a region for future analysis of maritime regimes, and this book proposes that international maritime regimes can expand regional cooperation in the Indian Ocean to create a new geopolitical region. The interdisciplinary approach presented draws on historical analysis, international maritime law, political science, international relations and the literature on regime theory and will be of interest to academics in those fields as well as policy-makers concerned with maritime issues.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.