- Table View
- List View
Out in the Open, Revised Edition: The Complete Male Pelvis offers a frank exploration of the male pelvic region from a cultural and scientific perspective. Focusing on pelvic structure and development, the book explains how male sexuality develops throughout a man's life--from birth onwards. An experienced Rolfer with an academic background in physiology, the late author R. Louis Schultz, PhD, offers the fruits of his wisdom gleaned over the course of his twenty-five year bodywork career. A valuable guide for bodyworkers and laypeople alike, the book addresses such topics as: * Genital structure * Bodywork techniques to treat pelvic tightness * Erection, masturbation, and ejaculation * The link between emotion and male sexuality * Sexual stereotypes and mythsEnhanced with over 120 detailed photos and illustrations, the book offers valuable advice for bodyworkers working in the pelvic region, a possible area of tension and more serious pelvic conditions. Revised by Schultz's protégé, Advanced Rolfer Marcelo Coutinho, this edition includes a redesigned cover, a new foreword by Coutinho, and an added appendix of 20 exercises and self-treatments for common pelvic dysfunctions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.