Even if you've never been to Ohio, you'll want to read this book. Here is a unique, clear and fascinating tour of Ohio for readers from the very young to the most seasoned. It touches on interesting facts about subjects in Ohio in the past and present that start with the letters A to Z. Each letter is followed by a short, rhyming poem that makes the fact easy to remember. There are also one or more brief descriptions of a feature of Ohio starting with each letter like the Underground Railroad for U, the four zoos in Ohio for Z, Ohio's state wildflower, the lake daisy for d and an accounting of Ohio's eight United States presidents for P. The facts are fun and fast. At the end of the book there are twenty questions about Ohio with their answers appearing on the next page. Try answering the questions and find out how much you have learned by reading B is for Buckeye, the Ohio alphabet. When you finish B is for Buckeye, you'll want to start over and read it again. Then, check the Bookshare collection to find more alphabet books in this series about other states.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.