- Table View
- List View
In the past, disabled individuals have faced a wide variety of obstacles that prevented them from fully participating in all that American society has to offer. They have struggled with obtaining employment, and have been denied access to many services most Americans take for granted. In this publication, Margaret C. Jasper examines the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and discusses the rights disabled individuals are entitled to under the statute. This easy-to-use resource is packed with facts on areas governed by the ADA including employment, public entities and transportation, public accommodations, state and local government services and telecommunications. Ideal for anyone interested in this area of law, this newly revised second edition includes coverage of the latest information regarding the ADA.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.