They are the stories of characters we've known since childhood: Snow White, Hansel and Gretel, Cinderella. But the works originally collected by the Brothers Grimm in the early 1800s are not necessarily the versions told before bedtime. They're darker and often don't end very happily--but they're often far more interesting. This elegant edition of Brothers Grimm: 101 Fairy Tales includes all our cherished favorites--"Sleeping Beauty," "Rumpelstiltskin," "Little Red Cap," and many more--in their original versions. Now available as part of the Word Cloud Classics series, Brothers Grimm: 101 Fairy Tales is a must-have addition to the libraries of all classic literature lovers. Many of these stories begin with the familiar refrain of "once upon a time"--but they end with something unexpected and fascinating!
We all know the stories -- or do we? We know who Snow White is, but what about Rose Red? And what happens to an all-too willful child? Learn more intriguing stories about "Wise Folks," "The King's Son Who Feared Nothing," and . . . well . . . "Donkey Cabbages"--to name a few. Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm were well-known nineteenth-century German storytellers, academics, linguists, and cultural researchers who did not hold back when telling terrifying tales, including parables and fables designed to teach and entertain readers of all ages.- This chic and inexpensive edition comes with a heat-burnished cover, foil stamping, luxurious endpapers, and a smaller trim size that's easy to hold.- The Brothers Grimm Volume 2: 110 Grimmer Fairy Tales contains more than a hundred stores and fables.The Brothers Grimm Volume 2: 110 Grimmer Fairy Tales is perfect for the short story lover, and offers many entertaining tales to delight--and fright--literature lovers.
They are the stories we've known since we were children: Rapunzel-Hansel and Gretel-Cinderella-and Sleeping Beauty. But the works originally collected by the Brothers Grimm in the early 1800s are not necessarily the versions we heard before bedtime. They're darker and while they don't always end happily, their dark conclusions can be far more interesting.This edition of Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales includes all our cherished favorites-Snow White, Rumpelstiltskin, Little Red Cap, and many more-in their original versions. Many of these tales begin with the familiar refrain of "once upon a time"-but they end with something unexpected and fascinating!
Early in the nineteenth century, Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm compiled a collection of stories to preserve the folklore of their native Germany. Forty-three of them--fairy tales, some deliciously dark, that have bewitched readers for generations--are gathered here. Translated into more than 150 languages, these well-loved narratives brim with fearless heroes, humble and hardworking heroines, and treacherous villains, exploring themes of innocence, curiosity, and revenge. Rich in detail, lyrical in phrase, these masterful translations by Margaret Hunt capture the flavor of the original Grimm tales. Here are classics such as "Rapunzel," "Hansel and Grethel," "Thumbling," "Cinderella," "The Bremen Town-Musicians," "The Wolf and the Seven Little Kids," "The Fisherman and His Wife," and "Little Snow-White." These cherished fables, created from centuries'-old oral tradition, await rediscovery by children and adults alike.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.