Milady's Standard Textbook of Cosmetology has led the way in cosmetology education by changing to meet the evolving needs of students and the market. The new Standard is organized into six parts containing 26 chapters, each written by an industry expert in the field, creating an immediate connection to the professional world. This book covers all essential information in a contemporary, easy-to-use manner.
Milady's Standard Textbook of Cosmetology has led the way in cosmetology education for 80 years by changing to meet the evolving needs of students and the market. Having been developed after extensive analysis by educational design experts, this textbook exhibits the most sophisticated methods for relaying information, stimulating thought, aiding comprehension, and enhancing retention. Milady's Standard Cosmetology provides students with the information they will need to pass the licensure exams as well as the most contemporary techniques to ensure success once they are on the job. This revision features a fresh new layout, reorganized chapters, and new photography and illustrations to provide an open, easy-to-follow format that students need with the reliability that is the hallmark of Milady. This edition of Milady's Standard Cosmetology is organized into six parts containing 32 chapters, each written by an industry expert in the field, creating an immediate connection to the professional world. New information on many subjects, including sanitation and infection control, and haircoloring has been included. The result is the most reliable cosmetology textbook available, one that covers all essential information in a contemporary, easy-to-use manner. While Milady's Standard Cosmetology is the center of the curriculum, students and educators have a wide range of supplements from which to choose. All supplements have been revised and updated to complement the new edition of the textbook. This book will serve as a valuable guide, and students will refer to it again and again throughout their career!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.