- Table View
- List View
Your wedding day is one of the most memorable of your life-- especially if you're the bride.
Chicken Soup for the Mother of Preschooler's Soul: Stories to Refresh and Rekindle the Spirit of Moms of Little Onesby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Carol Mcadoo Rehme Elisa Morgan Maria Nickless
What Any Mother of a Preschooler Needs (Besides a Week at a Spa!) Does your car CD collection range from The Best of Rock-n-Roll Classics to The Best of Barney? Does your idea of a good dinner out mean crayons and paper placemats for all? Can hearing the words, "I love you, Mommy" make your whole day? Then chances are good that you are not only a mother of a preschooler (or soon-to-be one), but that you are in need of some laughter, inspiration and camaraderie from other women who've been there. Let's face it: Our little bundles of joy and boundless energy don't come with instructions, and every mom undoubtedly thinks at one time or another: "Am I doing this right?!" In this uplifting collection, you'll find true stories about the day-to-day minutiae and miracles of being the mom to a preschooler: from finding peace and purpose in what can seem (and look!) like chaos; from solving sibling rivalry to celebrating sibling revelry; from the sorrow of letting go to enjoying some personal independence as your "big kid" goes off to school. Included are stories from well-known MOPS speakers, Lisa Moffitt and Rochelle Nelson. In just a few minutes of alone time these stories will give mothers of preschoolers a place to release the stresses of their day, connect with other moms who they can relate to and evoke much-needed laughter. Like only Chicken Soup can, these stories will rekindle your sense of self and spirit, and remind you how to enjoy this precious period of time in your life.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.