- Table View
- List View
The Beaver State was considered the promised land for thousands of travelers at the end of the Oregon Trail and it's so much more--Pacific Coast state, home to Mount Hood, and the beautifully colored Kiger mustangs. Authors Marie and Roland Smith weave rhyming text with informative state facts taking readers through the alphabet beginning with Astoria, a fort built long ago, to a taste of marionberries and the state beverage, milk. Discover the City of Roses and the capital, Salem. Finish this wonderful journey at the 100-year-old Oregon Zoo.
Traverse through the hemlocks, ferry between the islands, or take in the scent of fresh picked apples with authors Marie and Roland Smith in E is for Evergreen: A Washington Alphabet. This children's pictorial provides a fascinating journey through our 42nd state--the only state to be named after a president. Beginning readers will enjoy the simple rhymes and vivid illustrations while older children discover many detailed facts in the sidebar expository. Washington natives and visitors alike will enjoy learning why the Peace Arch spans two countries and what role folklore tells us Paul Bunyan played. Find out what began in Spokane in 1910 and which important city was once known as Black Bear Place.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.