- Table View
- List View
The Beaver State was considered the promised land for thousands of travelers at the end of the Oregon Trail and it's so much more--Pacific Coast state, home to Mount Hood, and the beautifully colored Kiger mustangs. Authors Marie and Roland Smith weave rhyming text with informative state facts taking readers through the alphabet beginning with Astoria, a fort built long ago, to a taste of marionberries and the state beverage, milk. Discover the City of Roses and the capital, Salem. Finish this wonderful journey at the 100-year-old Oregon Zoo.
Traverse through the hemlocks, ferry between the islands, or take in the scent of fresh picked apples with authors Marie and Roland Smith in E is for Evergreen: A Washington Alphabet. This children's pictorial provides a fascinating journey through our 42nd state--the only state to be named after a president. Beginning readers will enjoy the simple rhymes and vivid illustrations while older children discover many detailed facts in the sidebar expository. Washington natives and visitors alike will enjoy learning why the Peace Arch spans two countries and what role folklore tells us Paul Bunyan played. Find out what began in Spokane in 1910 and which important city was once known as Black Bear Place.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.