- Table View
- List View
"P. J. Funnybunny is tired of being a bunny. He is sure it would be more fun to be a bear or a bird, a possum or a pig. But which animal will he finally choose to be? Part of the Cat in the Hat series of Beginning readers. The simplicity of text, illustrations, and concepts makes this a perfect book for very beginning readers. Children will want to read it again and again-and they really can, all by themselves."
Illus. in full color. Camping is not for girls, right? At least, that's what P.J. and his pals tell Donna and Honey Bunny when they want to tag along on a camping trip. But when two mysterious ghosts frighten the boys all the way home, only the girls know the real story.
21st Century #4Meet Zenon Kar. She's your typical elementary school kid, except she lives on a space station in 2049! In book #4, Zenon's teacher, Mr. Peres, leads her fifth-grade class on a very special field trip off of Space Station 9. But when she gets separated from the group, Zenon finds out what it's like to be stuck on Earth! The Zenon books are written and illustrated by the award-winning husband and wife team who created P.J. Funnybunny and Alistair.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Beginning readers can count to ten--and add--while they learn to read with P.J. Funnybunny author Marilyn Sadler's latest, funniest Bright and Early Book! Gwen the hen has laid her eggs, but just how many is anyone's guess. For now, she's quite content to sit and wait for them to hatch. Red Rooster, however, is too excited to wait. As soon as one egg hatches, he struts over to Worm World and buys ONE worm for his ONE new baby chick. Alas, Red returns to find that not ONE new baby chick, but TWO baby chicks have now hatched, requiring a return trip to Worm World. The hijinks continue back and forth until ten eggs have hatched, Red Rooster is ready to plotz, and young readers have learned a thing or two about ONE: counting to ten; TWO: simple addition; THREE: buying and selling; and FOUR: chickens and eggs! With stylized illustrations by Michael Fleming reminiscent of classic Beginner Books, this is a perfect choice for parents looking to teach reading and math to their own little chicks!
Meet Zenon Kar. She's your typical elementary school kid, except she lives on a space station in 2049! These humorous stories about Zenon are all reality-based so kids can easily identify with her situations. In book #3, when an important Earth scientist visits Space Station 9, Zenon agrees to entertain his daughter, Teena. At first Zee's job is easy. Teena seems polite and well behaved. But when the adults turn their backs, she changes completely! All Teena cares about is having fun, even if it means breaking all sorts of space station rules. Written and illustrated by the award-winning husband-and-wife team who created P. J. Funnybunny and Alistair.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Meet Zenon, a futuristic fifth grader who lives in a space station high above Earth. Her humorous stories are all reality-based, so kids can identify with her situations. In book #2, Zenon is thrilled when she makes the spaceball team! Unfortunately, she's not so good at it. But does that mean she should quit? Created by past recipients of the IRA Classroom Choice Award.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.