- Table View
- List View
An easy chapter book for third grade readers or any children ready to try their first mystery story with clues, fingerprints, stolen property, witnesses, and surprises. The Scientific Detective Club has 2 members, the twins Kate and Mickey. On St. Patrick's Day they discover a large green shamrock painted on Miss Wink's door. Worse still, someone has been in her apartment and one of her new kittens is missing and a note has been left behind from The Shamrock Gang. The gang has been to the twins' club house, too, and the money in their treasury is missing. Combining Kate's interest in science and Mickey's interest in investigation, will the twins solve the mystery and find the missing kitten and money? And how do they find a new member of the club, a little boy who needs friends and has never been to a St. Patrick's Day parade?
"HOW COULD A WHOLE MARCHING BAND JUST DISAPPEAR? That's what the Dixon Twins wondered when they heard the news. Mickey was all excited. She'd always wanted to be a detective and she was sure she'd get to the bottom of this mystery all by herself. Her sister Kate was more interested in the mysteries of science. But, as usual, it was Kate's scientific observations along with Mickey's detective skills that solved THE THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE MYSTERY." Bookshare has more holiday books about the twins Kate and Mickey including, The Valentine's Day Mystery, and The St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Mystery.
The twins, Mickey who wants to be a detective, and Kate who wants to be a scientist, are invited to their neighbor's Valentine's party. The guest of honor, a visiting musician can't give his mother's beautiful pin to Miss Wink for Valentine's Day because it has been stolen. The girls help the police solve the puzzle. This is an intelligent first mystery book rich in language and ideas. In six short chapters, young readers can read by themselves or read with adults who can help them understand motive, opportunity, gathering clues and interviewing suspects. Look for Mickey and Kate in The St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Mystery also available from Bookshare.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.