- Table View
- List View
Here's the perfect bedtime read-aloud for the very youngest child. The text is filled with fun noises--click clack, click clack--and a repeating refrain--good night, good night, sleep tight--that's sure to have kids chiming in as they follow the antics of these bunnies who won't stay in bed. Kids will identify with the mischievous bunnies and their desire to play. Meanwhile, parents will empathize with Mama and Daddy's struggle to get them to sleep.
What was it like to grow up Jewish in Italy during World War II? Sit with a little girl as her grandmother tells the story of her childhood in Rome, of being separated from her father, and of going into hiding in the mountains. Based on the experiences of the author's own family, this deeply moving book set during the Holocaust deals with a difficult subject in a way that is accessible and appropriate for young readers. I Will Come Back for You is an incredible story of bravery and kindness in the face of danger.From the Hardcover edition.
In this sweet read-aloud, a little bird in the big city searches for the perfect puddle. Fans of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" will enjoy Little Bird's search for a just-right puddle after a rainstorm. He searches far and wide, but some puddles are too big, some are too small, and some are already crowded with bathers. When Little Bird finds a good-looking puddle in a city park, one surprise after another spoils his bath. A ball comes bounce-bounce-bouncing. . . . A little girl comes flip-flop-flapping. . . . And a dog comes arf-arf-arfing . . . straight through Little Bird's puddle. But soon, Little Bird finds the perfect puddle to call his own. Appealing illustrations and a rhythmic text filled with repetition and fun sounds make this an ideal choice for storytime or laptime.From the Hardcover edition.
AMELIA IS A VERY BIG BUNNY. At recess, the other bunnies tell her that her feet are too long for hopscotch, they say she's too tall to jump rope, and of course, no one will get on the seesaw with her. Amelia is a very big and lonelybunny. But when a new very small bunny named Susannah arrives in the classroom, something amazing happens. Readers will delight as they watch Amelia transform from a shy bunny into a confident friend. From author-illustrator Marisabina Russo comes an endearing tale that celebrates the power of friendship and the fun of standing out in a crowd. With lively accessible artwork, here is the perfect book for every little bunny who worries about fitting in.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.