- Table View
- List View
Modern Welding is a comprehensive text that has long been the standard for teaching the theory, fundamentals, equipment, and techniques of welding technology. This text provides thorough coverage of common welding and cutting processes, including gas tungsten arc welding, gas metal arcwelding, shielded metal arc welding, oxyfuel gas welding and cutting, plasma arc cutting, and resistance welding. The text also includes extensive instruction in welding symbol interpretation, weld testing and inspection, and employment in the welding field.
Welding Technology Fundamentals covers the equipment and techniques associated with the welding and cutting processes most widely used in industry today. These processes include: oxyfuel gas welding and cutting, shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, flux cored arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, and resistance welding. Technical information regarding weld inspection and testing, welder qualification, drawing interpretation, and welding symbols is also included. The text is organized into eight sections, which can be studied independently or in sequence. Written in easy-to-understand format, this text is extensively illustrated and includes many tables and charts for selecting the variables required to make a good weld.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.