- Table View
- List View
The impossible people who make life's journey so difficult are everywhere--at the office, in restaurants, on airplanes, living next door, members of your own family. They're . . . * your "nothing is ever good enough" boss * the "no price is ever low enough" client * the next-door neighbor who redefines the meaning of paranoia * the maître d' who looks through you as if you don't exist * the father-in-law who you know is always thinking about how much better a life his Janey or Joey would have if only married to someone other than you Ron Shapiro and Mark Jankowski give you a simple and highly effective 4-point plan for dealing with all of them and more--N. I. C. E. Their system shows you how to neutralize your emotions so you don't just react but act purposefully and wisely. It enables you to identify the type of bully, tyrant, or impossible person you're facing--the situationally difficult (something has happened that turns an otherwise reasonable person into a temporary terror); the strategically difficult (she has empirical evidence that being difficult is a strategy that gets results); or simply difficult (being difficult is his 24/7 M. O. ). Then you'll learn how to shape the outcome by controlling the encounter and, finally, how to get "unstuck" by exploring your options. Using colorful stories from all walks of life-- "He called me the scum of the earth and it went downhill from there," "First, lock all your vendors in a small room," and "The boss from hell"--the authors bring their lessons to life, from business life to family life.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.