- Table View
- List View
This publication examines the application of the balance sheet approach (BSA) in financial vulnerability analysis of emerging market economies, including its conceptual framework, trends over the past decade including case studies, and related policy issues. This concept is being increasingly used in the IMF's analysis of debt-related vulnerabilities, as evidenced by a growing number of Article IV consultation reports providing applications to individual countries, as well as a large body of academic literature on financial crises and their origins.
Motorola. Sun Microsystems. Charles Schwab. Toyota. These global business leaders have bred excellence through innovative executive and management development organizations that go well beyond traditional job training. Known as corporate universities, these entities are essentially strategic partners of their sponsoring companies. Often working in conjunction with traditional educational institutions, they boast cream-of-the-crop faculty from the academic and business communities. Once the province of only the largest corporations, corporate universities are fast becoming the standard at smaller companies as well. This comprehensive handbook is a valuable resource for companies of all sizes who are considering (or already developing) enhanced professional learning programs. Featuring contributions from experts at ten different corporate universities, academic institutions, and consulting firms, the book addresses the three major components of corporate university success: organization, content, and processes. From structural and financial models to the role of technology, from curriculum development to evaluation approaches and measuring ROI, here is a wealth of information on this major development in professional education.
From setting appropriate goals for each type of fitness to learning how to feed both body and soul, this ground-breaking guide goes beyond the typical health mantras--eat right, exercise regularly, reduce stress--and explores the emotional and physical obstacles to corporeal and spiritual fitness. Based on the immensely successful training of a six-time Ironman triathlete by a renowned Huichol Indian healer, this handbook seeks to remedy the conspicuous absence of spirituality in typical Western exercise regimens by explaining how to incorporate the divine into everyday exercises and why the two issues are inexorably linked. After years of respective training, both parties realized that the art of prayer and its signature mindfulness could increase not only one's physical abilities but also the mind, and that fitness wasn't just a matter of good cardiovascular health and strong muscles. Whether training for intense competition or just reaching fitness goals, this indispensable resource discusses how to exceed mental limitations and become successful in any physical, emotional, or spiritual journey.
A report from the International Monetary Fund.
A report from the International Monetary Fund.
This report presents the annual survey of international capital market developments and prospects. It reviews trends in the main market segments and seeks to analyze the principal forces underlying these developments, in particular the progressive integration of markets and the related globalization of investor and borrower behavior.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.