- Table View
- List View
It was love at first sight. Amid the frenzied barking and prancing of a house full of Great Danes, one pup was shivering in the corner. Gracie. But when Dan Dye reached her, she struggled to her feet like a clumsy foal, raised her forehead to his, and announced, as clearly as if she had actually spoken the words, You know I'm the one. Now get me outta here! By turns funny, moving, tender, and inspiring, Gracie's tale is a treat for every dog lover. There is Gracie's first morning, racing around Dan in the snowy yard. Gracie's determination to prove to her sisters, Dottie the Dalmatian and Sarah the Black Lab, that she's "one of the girls." Gracie's defiant romance with a pint-size charmer named Byron, a Boston Terrier from the wrong side of the fence. Then born of necessity, the eureka moment: When Gracie's delicate constitution starts turning into anorexia, Dan teaches himself how to cook, and in three days is baking her the cookies that will spur her appetite, launch Three Dog Bakery, and transform their lives forever. Courage. Compassion. Kindness. Soul. Tenacity. And joy--above all, joy. These qualities Gracie possessed in abundance, and shared with everyone, human or canine, who had the good fortune to cross her path.
From the celebrated creators of the ever-pupular Three Dog Bakery, the world's first bakery for dogs, comes a fun-filled collection of easy-to-make gour-mutt meals and treats designed to keep dogs healthy, happy, and drooling from ear to ear. It's the cookbook that gives "baked-from-scratch" a whole new meaning! With more than thirty bakeries across the U.S., Canada, and Asia (and more on the way!), a thriving Internet and mail-order business, and products featured in retail stores nationwide, Mark Beckloff and Dan Dye of the Three Dog Bakery have baked tasty treats for pampered pooches around the world. In Cooking the Three Dog Bakery Way, you can learn to cook these canine-inspired creations at home. The sixty recipes collected here focus on simplicity, using human-quality ingredients that can readily be found in the everyday kitchen pantry. You will be able to whip up deleashous foods that will make your dog smile, sit up, and beg for more! Many traditional dog foods are manufactured from the lowest-grade ingredients, but in Cooking the Three Dog Bakery Way, you will learn to prepare flavorful foods for your furry four-legged best friend. The delicious delicacies--including Say Cheese! Chasers, Biscotti Bites, PupOvers, Yip Yap Banana Snaps, and Labrador Lasagna--were developed using ingredients approved by one of the nation's top animal nutritionists, and dog-tested by the authors' own beloved pack of hounds. In addition to the recipes, you will also find health tips, nutritional facts, basic grooming and training information, charming illustrations, and plenty of pet-loving puns, making Cooking the Three Dog Bakery Way irresistible for anyone who loves a dog.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.