- Table View
- List View
Hitch a ride through time on the Danger Boy adventures! These rich, action-filled fantasies about a reluctant time-traveler and his unusual sidekicks will keep readers on the edge of their seats. The year is 2019, and a secret government agency is forcing Eli's dad to continue with his time-travel experiments, even though Eli's mom has just disappeared in one. Now Eli has a ridiculous new code name -- and a gravely important mission. In DANGER BOY: ANCIENT FIRE, a lab accident sends Eli sprawling through the Fifth Dimension, where he hooks up with the amiable Clyne, an evolved dinosaur from an alternate Earth who just wants to finish his homework. Clyne's timeship lands them in ancient Alexandria, Egypt, just as a great fire rages through the city and the girl scientist Thea is fleeing an angry mob who thinks she's a witch. As if that's not enough, in the present-day world, a deadly pox is on the loose, and bizarre things are starting to happen to the fabric of time itself.
Danger Boy is back! With the deadly slow pox spreading, the time-traveling trio hurtle back to Jerusalem circa 583 BCE. After another close call, the good news is that Eli Sands, aka Danger Boy, is back in San Francisco in 2020. The bad news is that Eli and his friends, Clyne the evolved dinosaur and Thea the Alexandrian scholar, are being held captive by the government agency DARPA. Since their last foray into the Fifth Dimension, it seems history has been unraveling everywhere, and the deadly slow pox virus is spreading fast. DARPA's plan is for Eli to visit ancient Jerusalem. But Eli and crew discover that the city is in ruins from a Babylonian invasion, and soon an angry mob is ready to stone them. Will Danger Boy and his friends find their way home again?
Hitch a ride through time on the Danger Boy adventures! These rich, action-filled fantasies about a reluctant time-traveler and his unusual sidekicks will keep readers on the edge of their seats. In DANGER BOY: DRAGON SWORD, Eli's time-traveling talent leads him to his missing mother's location: San Francisco at the start of World War II. Unfortunately, Margarite Sands is deeply involved in efforts to keep time-sphere technology away from the enemy, and once again Eli is thrown into the thick of things. He and his fellow time-adventurers, Clyne and Thea, are hurled far into the past, where they find new allies in the legendary King Arthur and his wizard, Merlin. Together, they must do whatever it takes to keep the powerful sword Excalibur from falling into Nazi hands.
Danger Boy and his time-traveling companions are in for some shocking surprises when they meet up with an earlier expedition -- the historical journey of Lewis and Clark. Fresh from a dangerous time-traveling mission, Eli Sands and his friends Clyne, the evolved dinosaur, and Thea, the scholar from Alexandria, are thrown into nineteenth-century America after an accident with their time-travel vessel. Unfortunately, Clyne is stranded alone in potentially hostile territory, while Thea and Eli pop up at the beginning of the famed Lewis and Clark expedition. After Thea is mistaken for an escaped slave and taken into custody, Eli joins Lewis and Clark's Corps of Discovery in hopes of finding Clyne, a means to rescue Thea, and transportation home. While trying to escape and regroup, Eli and his friends make important discoveries about their "accidental" stumble into 1804. It looks like they were lured by a Prime Nexus, which they may have caused, and which will surely change all of history to come.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.