- Table View
- List View
Executive meditation coach Mark Thornton writes about a revolution--finding your deepest heart in everyday moments. In Meditation in a New York Minute, Thornton demystifies meditation and makes it accessible to all. He presents his complete program for enjoying the many benefits of meditation-stress reduction, energy, intense mental clarity-in a New York minute. "If your life is moving at warp speed," begins Thornton, "more than ever, you need to create calm quickly and profoundly. " Meditation in a New York Minute will teach even the busiest readers: How to get an hour of refreshing meditation into your day-without adding a thing to your schedule Nineteen powerful techniques from the world's wisdom traditions, distilled into "micro-doses" you can use between meetings, while commuting, in the shower-whenever you have a free moment The 8 Laws of Super Calm and the 8 Golden Keys for flipping on compassion and insight in any situation The 11 Thieves along the path of meditation, and how to dodge them "You can be super busy, super successful, and super calm at the same time," assures Mark Thornton. With Meditation in a New York Minute, now the rewards of this centuries-old inner art are available to everyone on the go.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.