- Table View
- List View
With projects ranging in difficulty from easy stringing pieces to more challenging seed bead weaving designs, this guidebook provides 20 stunning crystal designs with expert instructions. Explaining details on the basics of crystal crafting while revealing entertaining tidbits about this specialty bead, crystal jewelry projects are presented for any type of fashion, from classic looks and special occasion pieces to trendy, fashion forward designs. With a variety of glamorous projects - including a rich paisley brooch, a violet and topaz tapestry bracelet, or a midnight blue multistrand necklace for day or evening - crystal lovers will delight in this crafter's companion.
The editors of Beadwork magazine reveal the elegance of pearls with projects, photography, and history in this tribute to nature's iconic gemstone. Step-by-step instructions for 20 stunning projects involving natural, freshwater, and imitation pearls are accompanied by photos to guide jewelry makers of all ability levels through the wide range of materials, colors, and shapes used in these elegant and wearable designs. Broken into three sections, "The Classics" covers traditional pearl stringing and simple earrings, "Special Occasions" includes a striking copper-colored choker and a lariat suitable for a bride, and "Fashion Forward" contains a bangle with fiery-colored pearls and a dramatic bracelet using handmade beads and dyed pearls. Chapters on the science and culture of pearls include tips on selecting, working with, and caring for these treasures, while engaging anecdotes and vibrant images of pearls throughout history round out this informative and entertaining book.
Add a few or many semiprecious stones to jewelry designs-turquoise, amethyst, jasper, or onyx or any of the stones commonly available today-to punctuate or entirely shape the look and feel of a piece. From sassy, elegant, dressy, or flirty, Create Jewelry: Stones presents twenty-three projects ranging in difficulty from easy stringing pieces to seed bead weaving designs. All projects are glamorous and timeless and represent unique ways to use stones in jewelry designs for necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. The authors combine innovative designs with intriguing anecdotes, history, and tips about these multifaceted beads. Following in the footsteps of Create Jewelry: Pearls and Create Jewelry: Crystals, Create Jewelry: Stones presents stunning designs, all incorporating various semiprecious gemstone beads.Projects are divided into Classic, Special-Occasion, and Fashion-Forward categories, so readers can easily find designs of their choosing. Beautiful photos are accompanied by step-by-step instructions that are easy to follow, so readers can re-create their own designs. Additional material of interest for stone lovers includes stone basics, the differences between semiprecious and precious stones, entertaining tidbits about these specialty beads, and more.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.