- Table View
- List View
In this breakout book of an Edgar-nominated series featuring a paranormal investigator, Elizabeth Chase puts her psychic detecting skills to the ultimate test when she infiltrates the inner circle of a dangerous cult and finds a seductive heart of darkness where the mind is the first to die.
When Matthew Fielding, the four-year-old son of a San Diego telecommunications mogul, turns up missing, the psychic skills of P. I. Elizabeth Chase are requested. The stakes are raised soon after Elizabeth begins her investigation when a wildfire breaks out in Rancho Santa Fe, the secluded community where Matthew and his family-and Elizabeth's own parents-live. Aided and abetted by the Santa Ana winds, flames rage out of control, consuming thousands of acres and dozens of homes. Before the ashes can be cleared away, another fire blazes through everything in its path. Are the kidnapper and arsonist one and the same? Will Elizabeth be able to find the clues she needs in the dying embers around her? It's a race against time itself as man and nature combine to wreak destruction on Elizabeth's community and keep a little boy lost forever.
Parapsychologist and licensed P.I. Elizabeth Chase can "see" details from crime scenes. She knows the outcomes before they happen. Chase's first step is to hypnotize the victims, hoping to unearth vital information from their subconscious memories. But when her interpretations have devastating results, she tries to back off the case--only to find herself drawing nearer and nearer to the deadly conclusion.
Elizabeth Chase a private investigator has some extraordinary but weird powers. When Escondido police chief Tom's friend is found dead he needs to decide whether he should take Elizabeth's help or not.
Psychic private eye Elizabeth Chase finds her unique talents pitted against her most brutal and baffling case yet--the pursuit of a vicious murderer wanted in connection with the scalping of a Native American casino owner. Elizabeth soon learns that the tranquil setting of the Temecu reservation belies a dangerous undercurrent of political scheming, racism, and pure human greed. As she struggles to figure out who can be trusted, Elizabeth must call upon all of her resources not only to solve the crime, but to restore her own spirit.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.