- Table View
- List View
This book makes students familiar with the scientific process, in particular with the posing and testing of hypotheses. With an improved introduction to the process of science in Chapter 1, students will be better equipped to appreciate the many examples throughout the book of how scientific concepts emerge from observations and experimental evidence. The book also puts human faces on science with "Talking About Science" modules. A number of these profiles of interesting scientists are new to this edition.
Biology: Concepts and Connections invites readers into the world of biology with a new revision of this best-selling text. It is known for scientific accuracy and currency; a modular presentation that helps readers to focus on the main concepts; and art that teaches better than any other book. Biology: Exploring Life, THE LIFE OF THE CELL, The Chemical Basis of Life, The Molecules of Cells, A Tour of the Cell, The Working Cell, How Cells Harvest Chemical Energy, Photosynthesis: Using Light to Make Food, CELLULAR REPRODUCTION AND GENETICS, The Cellular Basis of Reproduction and Inheritance, Patterns of Inheritance, Molecular Biology of the Gene, The Control of Gene Expression, DNA Technology and Genomics, CONCEPTS OF EVOLUTION, How Populations Evolve, The Origin of Species, Tracing Evolutionary History, THE EVOLUTION OF BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY, The Origin and Evolution of Microbial Life: Prokaryotes and Protists, Plants, Fungi, and the Colonization of Land, The Evolution of Animal Diversity, Human Evolution, ANIMALS: FORM AND FUNCTION, Unifying Concepts of Animal Structure and Function, Nutrition and Digestion, Gas Exchange, Circulation, The Immune System, Control of the Internal Environment, Chemical Regulation, Reproduction and Embryonic Development, Nervous Systems, The Senses, How Animals Move, PLANTS: FORM AND FUNCTION, Plant Structure, Reproduction, and Development, Plant Nutrition and Transport, Control Systems in Plants, ECOLOGY, The Biosphere: An Introduction to Earth's Diverse Environments, Behavioral Adaptations to the Environment, Population Dynamics, Communities and Ecosystems, Conservation Biology For all readers interested in the world of biology.
This book was the first biology textbook to use concept modules to help students recognize and focus on the main ideas of each chapter. This book connects every single chapter to evolution, with highlights featured in green-tabbed Evolution Connection modules.
The aim of this book is to engage students from a wide variety of majors in the wonders of the living world. In this sixth edition the emphasis is on connections to our everyday world while also doing more to help students connect the concepts of biology to evolution.
Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections, Seventh Edition has undergone an extensive revision to make biology even more approachable with increased use of analogies, real world examples, and more conversational language.
This guide is designed for students to structure and organize their developing knowledge of biology and create their own personal understanding of the topics covered in the text, hence helping to streamline learning processes.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.