- Table View
- List View
The rapid expansion of synthetic biology is due to the design and construction of synthetic gene networks that have opened many new avenues in fundamental and applied research. Synthetic Gene Networks: Methods and Protocols provides the necessary information to design and construct synthetic gene networks in different host backgrounds. Divided into four convenient sections, this volume focuses on design concepts to devise synthetic gene networks and how mathematical models can be applied to the predictable engineering of desired network features. The volume continues by highlighting the construction and validation of biologic tools, describing strategies to optimize and streamline the host cell for optimized network performance, and covering how optimally designed gene networks can be implemented in a large variety of host cells ranging from bacteria over yeast and insect cells to plant and mammalian cell culture. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Synthetic Gene Networks: Methods and Protocols serves as an invaluable resource for established biologists, engineers, and computer scientists or novices just entering into the rapidly growing field of synthetic biology
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.