The rapid expansion of synthetic biology is due to the design and construction of synthetic gene networks that have opened many new avenues in fundamental and applied research. Synthetic Gene Networks: Methods and Protocols provides the necessary information to design and construct synthetic gene networks in different host backgrounds. Divided into four convenient sections, this volume focuses on design concepts to devise synthetic gene networks and how mathematical models can be applied to the predictable engineering of desired network features. The volume continues by highlighting the construction and validation of biologic tools, describing strategies to optimize and streamline the host cell for optimized network performance, and covering how optimally designed gene networks can be implemented in a large variety of host cells ranging from bacteria over yeast and insect cells to plant and mammalian cell culture. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Synthetic Gene Networks: Methods and Protocols serves as an invaluable resource for established biologists, engineers, and computer scientists or novices just entering into the rapidly growing field of synthetic biology
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.