- Table View
- List View
In a dark, dark house, in a dark, dark wood lurks a creepy, beasty . . . BEAST! But fear not--this beast may not be so beastly after all. The talents of Bill Martin Jr and Steven Kellogg come together for the first time to create a ghoulish story thats both scary and snug. Cuddle up but beware--youre in for a big, beasty surprise!
For young children, a dragon practices for his school spelling bee.
A big happy frog, a plump purple cat, a handsome blue horse, and a soft yellow duck--all parade across the pages of this delightful book. Children will immediately respond to Eric Carle's flat, boldly colored collages. Combined with Bill Martin's singsong text, they create unforgettable images of these endearing animals. Images and Image descriptions available.
1 told 2 and 2 told 3, "I'll race you to the top of the apple tree." One hundred and one numbers climb the apple tree in this bright, rollicking, joyous book for young children. As the numerals pile up and bumblebees threaten, what's the number that saves the day? (Hint: It rhymes with "hero.") Read and count and play and laugh to learn the surprising answer.
In this hilarious rollicking rhyme, young children learn the letters of the alphabet and young readers meet both capital and small letters. "A told B and B told C I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree." Images and image descriptions available.
Smoke is rising in the city, but help is on the way. Join the rescue brigade on a wild adventure at the scene of a most unexpected fire! A lively rhyming text, hilarious illustrations, and an outrageous cast of funny females will keep children laughing all the way to the surprise ending.
Divides the Pledge of Allegiance into words and phrases in order to define its meaning.
Boy-Strength-of-Blue-Horses and his grandfather reminisce about the young blind boy's birth, his first horse, and an exciting horse race.
Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault evoke the beauty and the mystery, and the sounds and the silences-- of rain. Listen to the rain, the whisper of the rain, the slow soft sprinkle, the drip-drop tinkle, the first wet whisper of the rain. Their marvelous ear for the melodies and rhythm of language, combined with James Endicott's spare, almost abstract paintings, have created a lyrical book with a haunting power-- perfect for reading aloud on a rainy day. An NCTE Notable Trade Book for the Language Arts.
Thirty-five years after their first groundbreaking collaboration, the creators of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? reunite to address the important topic of animal conservation. A Bald Eagle soars, a Spider Monkey swings, a Macaroni Penguin struts, and a Red Wolf sneaks through Bill Martin Jr's rhythmic text and Eric Carle's vibrant images, and all are watched over by our best hope for the future-a dreaming child.
A fast-paced book about two girls' basketball teams fighting for the championship. The Cardinals and Blue Jays are in the final game of the championship. The tension builds as the clock ticks away. The score is tied at 44/44 with one second left ... who will win the game?" New interest in women's basketball, including the 1996 Olympic team and the heavily watched 1996 NCAA women's championship, makes "Swish! an exciting addition to the list. Bill Martin, Jr. and Michael Sampson have created an action-packed text filled with suspense.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.