- Table View
- List View
Is your organization rapidly accumulating more information than you know how to manage? This book helps you create an enterprise search solution based on more than just technology. Author Martin White shows you how to plan and implement a managed search environment that meets the needs of your business and your employees. Learn why it's vital to have a dedicated staff manage your search technology and support your users. In one survey, 93% of executives said their organization is losing revenue because they're not fully able to use the information they collect. With this book, business managers, IT managers, and information professionals can maximize the value of corporate information and data assets. Use 12 critical factors to gauge your organization's search needs Learn how to make a business case for search Research your user requirements and evaluate your current search solution Create a support team with technical skills and organizational knowledge to manage your solution Set quality guidelines for organizational content and metadata Get an overview of open source and commercial search technology Choose an application based on your requirements, not for its features Make mobile and location-independent search part of your solution
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.